The Trade Unionist and Socialist Coalition (TUSC) argues that working class people should not pay for a crisis that we did not cause. That was why TUSC was set up in 2010, co-founded by the late Bob Crow, to show that there is a clear left-wing alternative to policies of public sector cuts, privatisation, militarism and environmental degradation.
Our coalition, of trade unionists, community campaigners and socialists, is united on the need for mass resistance to the ruling class offensive, and for an alternative programme of left-wing policies to help inspire and direct such resistance. Here is our five-point pledge:
1. End cuts and austerity. For a democratic socialist society run in the interests of the millions not the billionaires.
2. Trade union rights to fight low pay. £10 an hour minimum wage now, scrap zero hour contracts.
3. A mass council home building programme and immediate introduction of rent controls.
4. Scrap student fees. Free education as a right for all.
5. For democratic public ownership of our NHS, railways, public services, utilities and banks.